I like Paul Krugman. I like Paul Krugman the economist. I like Paul Krugman the Bush critic. I don't like Paul Krugman the Hillary Clinton supporter. See, today, after calling the storm surrounding Obama's new economic director, and established corporate cheerleader, Jason Furman silly--Furman is a lefty at heart, after all--Krugman takes this dig at those of us who have enjoyed a frosty glass of Obama Kool-Aid:
Maybe I’m wrong, but my sense is that Jason Furman has become a proxy target for some Obama supporters who, now that the Great Satanness has been defeated, are suddenly starting to have the queasy feeling that their hero might be a bit of a …. centrist. I’m tempted to say I told you so; in fact, I guess I just did. But that’s all in the past now.
Mr. Krugman, with all due respect, you assume that Obama supporters are not aware that our "hero might be a bit of a ... centrist." Obama's centrist leanings are well known to a good number of us. It's why we are amazed that the Right likes to paint him a radical lefty. Obama is no lefty, this is true, but no candidate is perfect. I am wide-eyed and awake, thank you very much. I know Obama will disappoint me with these leanings, but I would take Obama's centrism over Senator Clinton's DLC-centrism and her hawkishness in any election, on any day. So, please, save your I-told-you-sos for those who haven't realized how far you have jumped the shark this election year.
(Cross-posted at State of the Day.)
No comments:
Post a Comment