Friday, November 25, 2005

Bill Richardson and me

Dear Mr. Richardson:

Why?

Sincerely,

MJWS (fellow Tufts graduate)

P.S.: Several of my fellow bloggers are similarly curious -- see here, here, here, and here.

**********

Note: I was drafted by my hometown Montreal Canadiens in 1988. They thought I was the next Guy Lafleur. Of course, the Boston Celtics wanted me, too, and the opportunity to play with Larry Bird was nothing if not tempting, but I realized soon enough that baseball was my true calling. I started out as a pitcher in the Montreal Expos organization in 1990 before playing seven seasons with the Toronto Blue Jays and New York Yankees. I won two World Series with the Jays, but I was lured into pinstripes by some big-time money from George Steinbrenner. But by that time I'd had enough of baseball. I spent the next two years training for the NFL, and, this coming Monday, you may see me on the sidelines as Ben Roethlisbergers' back-up against the Colts on MNF. I'll be live-blogging the whole thing, unless Big Ben goes down again and I'm forced to take the field.

(Update: After researching the matter, I've come to the conclusion that I was not drafted by the Canadiens, nor did I play for the Celtics, Blue Jays, and Yankees, nor will I be in a Steelers uniform on Monday. I regret the error.)

**********

Welcome TBogg readers. It's an honour to be linked from such a great site. I hope you like The Reaction, and I certainly invite you all to check back regularly for multiple daily posts on a variety of political and cultural issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment