Monday, November 24, 2008

Colmes leaves Hannity, tears flow

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Well, I don't know about the tears, but it's true that the Colmes-Hannity team on Fox News is splitting up.

And it's so, so sad... or perhaps it would be if I cared. I don't watch the show, and rarely the network, and, to me, Colmes was little more than an overwhelmed punching bag with no punch of his own, the perfect "liberal" for Hannity and Fox. In a certain other culture, Colmes's dishonourable behaviour would have required him to commit hara-kiri a long time ago.

(Of course, I suppose there's some appeal to being the co-host, even in name only, of a top-rated show. I doubt I'd ever turn such an opportunity down, but, then, I also wouldn't shy away from telling Hannity where to stick it.)

(Photo from here. Yeah, that's Colmes posing with McCain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment