Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas 2008

By Michael J.W. Stickings

It's just after midnight, the first few minutes of Christmas 2008. The past couple of weeks here in Toronto have been massively snowy, but it was gray and rainy on Christmas Eve, and generally unpleasant. With moving and settling into a new place, it's been a busy time. Christmas sort of snuck up on me. But tonight, as always, there is no place I'd rather be than with my family, at home. We had a lovely evening, a nice dinner, presents, and now, as I inhale deeply, there's baking going on in the kitchen. There is still much to do tonight, all to get ready for the morning, and then for the day ahead.

I want to wish a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to my friends here at The Reaction. It's funny, we don't really know each other all that well, spread out across North America, communicating in the virtual reality of the Internet, and yet, we do know each other, in a way, and very well, and I am grateful to have them in my life. To all of you, I cannot thank you enough.

I also want to wish a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to my friends and acquaintances in the blogosphere. There are so many of them, and what a wonderful community it is, and what wonderful people I have met.

And a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you, our readers, all over the world, wherever you are. I cannot tell you how much you mean to me, and to all of us here. Thank you for stopping by. You are always welcome.

Be safe out there, and love one another, and imagine a world at peace.

-- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment