Monday, December 29, 2008

Macho doesn't work as a foreign policy

By Creature

Trying to leave aside every tit for tat, every historical complication, every raw nerve of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, and just look at what Israel is doing today (bombing the fuck out of Gaza), it's hard not to see their actions as anything but just plain dumb. If I'm willing to criticize the hawks here in the U.S. for inflaming anger and creating another generation of terrorists, I'll do the same to Israel (a country I have visited, have relatives in, and love, BTW). If the dumbfucks who are leading Israel, Hamas (and America, for that matter) cannot see that bombing people is counterproductive to the ultimate goal of living peaceably, side by side, then I have to assume I am wrong about the ultimate goal and really this is all about continuing the cycle of violence.

(Cross-posted at State of the Day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment